Staycation Must Have Beauty Products



My mother-in-law has come to London to stay with us for a week so during the day while my husband is working away, I'm enjoying a bit of a staycation with his mum, taking her out every day to enjoy the sights and sounds of London! When playing hostess (which I totally love!) I do find that there's not always a lot of time for my regular beauty routines. I am often opting for easier and more comfy clothing looks and I wear little to no make-up in favor of saving time for more important things like cooking great meals, having a glass of wine and a chat or sightseeing.


This is a list of my must-haves for hectic times like this, starting with the product pictured above, Guinot Lait Hydrea Fraicheur cleansing milk. I really like this cleanser because it's gentle on my skin and moisturizing too. Also, this cleanser is perfect if you're a busy bee because you don't have to rinse and dry. Simply apply to the face in a circular motion and remove by using a damp cotton pad to wipe off cleanser and dirt or make-up.



I love Charity Pot moisturizer from Lush! It smells great, it's extremely affordable and it's a light but effective moisturizer for hands and body. I am never without a pot of this magical stuff and even better, a portion of the proceeds are given to a charity! Guilt-free pleasure!

Source
I always use Kiehl's Silk Groom Serum, but I find it to be a life saver when I don't have the time to spend on my hair with flat irons or curling wands or hot rollers that I would usually have. I have even been known this week to simply blow-dry my hair and just apply this product for a natural look that is passable for sure!
Source
I don't go a day in my life without using Bumble and Bumble Tonic, however I really appreciate this product when I'm in a fix for time. This magic potion detangles even the messiest of hair and gets you ready for styling or in my case this week, the lack thereof.
Source
No 7 Lift and Luminate Eye Cream is always in my arsenal though I don't use it every day. It's great for tired eyes!
Source

NARS primer with SPF 30 is AMAZING! I've been using it for 2 years! What I particularly love about it is that you can either wear it underneath your make-up for a smooth finish that lasts all day or when you're in a real pinch, you can wear it on it's own and you're protected from the sun and moisturized at the same time!



Yves St. Laurent is an amazing concealer. If I'm on the go and don't have time for make-up, I'll at least cover up dark circles and any spots before I hit the ground running.



My hands get very dry in London with the crisp weather so I don't go for a day out without hand cream in my bag. I'm a fan of L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream and it comes in a purse-friendly travel size. The smell is a little off-putting, but it fades after about 5 minutes.




I'm the kind of gal who enjoys changing my nail polish at least a few times a week. I have always been into getting a weekly manicure, but lately I paint my own nails a lot and only go for manicures occassionally as needed. However, when I'm busy hosting and cooking up a storm, I'd rather save the time for fun with family and opt for a neutral shade that I can wear all week. This week, the choice is Particuliere by Chanel.




Finally, at the end of a long day of walking around London, I sooth my aching tired feet with Fair Trade Foot Lotion from Lush. It's a lovely pink peppermint lotion that cools and sooths while moisturizing. I adore this product, especially after a day walking around on the cobble stones outside the Tower of London.


What are your must-have beauty products when you have no time?


post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Staycation Must Have Beauty Products