Pages

As expected, New York was absolutely wonderful. We had perfect weather the first two days, and some storms the third day.. but no complaints because I love thunderstorms AND it was really nice to be able to sit on the big wrap around porch of the home we stayed in to enjoy it. The place was surrounded by trees up on a hill so it was very cool to watch the storm. All of the graduation events were such fun! We had a lovely formal banquet Friday night, watched the graduation ceremony Saturday morning, then watched the senior hockey players receive their bar pins and be commissioned as 2nd Lieutenants. L and his family walked out onto the ice for his brother's commissioning and L and their other brother actually pinned him. It was a very special moment for them.. so of course, I got a little teary-eyed. We got lots of great pictures and all in all it was a wonderful time. L's brother's girlfriend and I even got some shopping time it at Woodbury Commons outlets and I found an adorable wine rack at Williams Sonoma that is perfect for our kitchen, and a new white tank top :)

This week has been full of working, NHL play-offs (Come on WINGS!), and tonight I met Waterfront Preppy for pedicures and dinner. She's leaving me for San Francisco in two weeks :( I'll miss her lots, but am very excited to visit her in Cali! Plus, she will have lots of wedding business to attend to, and as her MOH I promised I would be one of her Michigan "run-arounders". Anyway, K you know I wish you two nothing but the best on your amazing adventure to the West Coast!! :)

On another exciting note, I'm working on plans to furnish the second room in the basement that we finished this past winter. I pretty much have the room planned out so now we just have to make the furniture purchases. Then, I'll be doing my black and white photography collecting. We want to make one wall full of black and white framed shots of places we have been. We have some of our own photos to use, but I'm also trying to find some websites and online stores that sell great prints of different landmarks in the U.S. I've checked posters.com and art.com and have not been too impressed, but K suggested I try Flickr so I'm going to check that out. If anyone else has any other suggestions, though, please send them my way.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Go RED WINGS! :)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: