Pages

Mr. Hockey and I are finishing some areas of his basement and the renovations have begun! There was a really icky built-in bar type thing that he took apart yesterday and blessed the recycling center with. We cleared out everything that was in the room and took down the shelves that were scattered on the walls. Clearly, whomever "designed" that room was lacking a little something. Anyway, the floors have to be cleaned and polished and we will start painting the walls soon! Here are some samples of the look we are going for..



We will be using the Ektorp furniture line. I am not a huge fan of the very modern pieces of furniture that IKEA is known for. This line is closest to my "pottery-barn" traditional taste. Anyway, we are going to get this couch with pull-out bed included.

This chair comes with an ottoman, and I will be getting several pillows as throws. Probably from Pottery Barn.

The look is a very simple, comfy, classy and has a Menemsha harbor look. Here is the area rug we will use and some of the pillows I like.



This sign reminds me of the signs I saw when I was at Menemsha Beach in Martha's Vineyard. In fact, I have a picture of the sign that I will be using as one of our photography pieces for the room.


We will also be incorporating black and white photography from places that we have traveled. They will go in white frames of all different sizes to be placed on one wall. We may also try to create a look of white, shutterred windows on the wall opposite where the entertainment set-up will be. More on that later, as we get a better idea of how to go about it.

Anyway, the design is in-the-making, so I will update more as I find new ideas!!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: