Oxford Cambridge Boat Race Recap

We had an amazing time yesterday watching the Oxford Cambridge Boat Race yesterday! I thank my lucky stars all the time that I found our flat in Putney because this neighborhood is the business! We had this fantastic event practically on our doorstep and the atmosphere in Putney was unbelievable!
I had to take a photo where Oxford comes out...
As well as Cambridge. These were my two big BLUE carpet moments!


Hunter is a sponsor of the race, so I had to wear my Hunter wellies! My OOTD was a grey top from Esprit, Uniqlo denim mini, Banana Republic grey tights, Payless grey and white striped scarf, Hunter Carnaby Boa short wellies, Hunter cable knit wellie socks, H&M orange purse, Cambridge blue (like Tiffany blue) earrings and ring from Accessorize and a black Dana Buchman puffy jacket. I was very comfy and suitably dressed, but I had to laugh a bit at a few girls we saw out wearing mini skirts with no tights and 4 inch heels. They were definitely trying too hard and they looked ridiculous!


All the boating clubs on the riverside were decked out and full of spectators!
The crowd was insane! Apparently 1/2 a million people decend on Putney for the race every year! And the crowd stuck around after the race, drinking in pubs and eating in restaurants! We hung around for a bit, but in the end, it was too crowded to be enjoyable so we retreated, ending up in our flat for warmth and some dvds!
I loved this guy! He was fully dressed in early 20th Century garb with a boater hat and a blue ribbon on his lapel that said Oxford Cambridge Boat Race. I wish I had gotten a photo of him from the front, but he was a bit wary, so I took the photo from behind.
All the rowers wear hunter wellies! These Cambridge boys looked great with their Cambridge Blue wellies!
Loved watching them come out and putting their boats in the water! They were so syncronized! I had never seen a boat race before and I must say, there's nothing like it!
In this photo, you can see both boats in the water! They got in about 500 yards in front of Putney Bridge (the starting point) and rowed back to their positions.
The syncronized motions were amazing! Not to mention their muscles and Ivy League good looks!
The navy blue Oxford Boys:


The Cambridge Crew (their Cox was a girl! Well done!):



The race:



Oxford won the race apparently by a lot! I was rooting for Cambridge and hubs rooted for Oxford, but to be honest, I liked them both... how could you not? They were all cute!





The Oxford Cambridge Boat Race was really fun! I can't wait to watch again next year and feel that this will be a great new tradition for my husband and I! I'm also looking forward to seeing other boaters on the river this summer! We live literally a 5 minute walk from the Thames so I'm excited about experience the great culture of living in a river city!


I hope you've all had a great weekend! xo

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Oxford Cambridge Boat Race Recap