Dukan Diet Update

Yesterday was my 10th day on the Dukan Diet and my 5th day of the cruise phase. Since the beginning of the cruise phase, the diet has been less than desired. Most days during the cruise phase I've eiether lost nothing or gained weight. I've been EXHAUSTED most of the time and completely lethargic. I've also had some nasty side effects, but I've been calm and focused.

Until yesterday. I just could barely move after a certain period of the day. I was exhausted! So I napped for about 2 hours and when I woke, it was like I couldn't get out of bed. My head was fuzzy and I was slightly dizzy. I nearly fell down a flight of stairs.

By the time my husband came home, I was feeling so disgusting and exhausted that he insisted we go out for some carbs and he wouldn't take no for an answer. So we did, but I felt incredibly guilty.

The funny thing is that when I had the opportunity to cheat on my diet, it wasn't because of something I would normally want like ice cream, chocolate or a glass of wine. I went for what I craved and knew I needed. From what I've read, it seems brain functionality and energy come from carbs. Many professionals consider them essential to daily life, but there are also arguments that it is safe to lose weight without them.

We made a decision that I would have a few cheats now and then and I really mean now and then, not every day. On this diet, it's possible that my blood sugar gets low, which might be what's causing the dizzy feeling. I have no idea... I'm no doctor. So occassionally, I might pop a few grapes or have the odd apple, even though they are forbidden in this stage of the diet. An apple every now and then would also provide me with some much needed fiber! I may also incorporate a slice or two a week of Irish brown soda bread as is needed. It's whole grain, the slices are small and it's also gluten free. I'm hoping that having it occassionally might get rid of the fuzzy head feeling and get things moving in the body more regularly.

I am not at all quitting the Dukan Diet! There are multiple ways listed in the book describing how one might chose a rhythm during the cruise phase. For many people, it is simply no diet 5 days a week and pure protein only 2 days a week until a goal is reached. I am not going that far. I went nearly 10 whole days with nothing but meat, non-fat dairy and very few vegetables, but nothing else. I will continue to alternate protein days with protein & veg days, but since I plan to be doing this for months, occassionally I will have to have a few other things for the sake of not doing too much damage to my body.

So now, as it stands, I'm once again 6 pounds less than when I started. Honestly, on day 11 I thought I would have lost more by now, so I am planning to up my exercise today.

Have a great weekend everyone!

These are just my experiences and thoughts. No two people are the same. I am not a qualified professional and do not pretend to be one.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Dukan Diet Update