Pink Julep at the Cinema: What I've Been Watching Lately

I read the book Water for Elephants and it was one of my favorite books of all time. The story is so original and wonderful so I couldn't wait to see the film. It was brilliant! The cast was perfect, the costumes were perfect, the music was perfect and the settings were so perfect! It was so true to the book, which I loved!

Some people have brought up the animal violence in the film, and they're right... the violence is graphic and tough to watch. However, it's extremely important to the storyline of the film so if you can stand to get through seeing some dramatized animal violence, then I highly recommend Water For Elephants! Even my husband liked it!



Are you a fan of He Said, She Said, Up Close and Personal or The Ugly Truth? I love all of these films and the one thing they have in common is that they're all about television news people. I always find these films such fun because besides the plot, they take us into a world that most of us aren't privvy to on a regular basis and it's fun! Morning Glory is no different! Rachel McAdams is so loveable, Harrison Ford is hilarious and Diane Keaton is her usual, wonderful, kooky self! I really enjoyed Morning Glory!



Oh dear... where to start with Blue Valentine. The performances by Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams are stellar. But this movie is like an all-expenses paid vacation to your own personal downward spiral into the depts of depression. Yep, this film is very blue, as it states in the title. I wouldn't classify this film as being good, because to be honest, I thought the plot was all over the place and could've been so much better if rearranged a little. If you're a sucker for a great performance, then by all means, rent Blue Valentine. However, if you chose films for entertainment, I wouldn't recommend this film to you at all. It's depressing, slow-going, long and fairly bland as far as plots go.



I was reluctant to rent Secretariat because I really did not like Seabiscuit and it put me off horse movies for a long time. But alas, it's a Disney film and it has Diane Lane in it, so I was sold. Secretariat is a great film! It's beautiful, touching and exciting! It's a great film for the whole family! If you haven't seen it, rent Secretariat this weekend!



I've rented Going the Distance about 5 times and only on the last time did I actually watch it. It's hilarious!!! But besides that, it's your typical rom-com and not too exciting. There are definitely better ones out there, but if you're in the mood for a good gut laughing rom-com, then I'd highly recommend Going the Distance! It's cute!


We saw Thor in 3D and it was awesome! I kept thinking the whole time about how lovely the story was great and really good for kids! There's a good moral to this story! At the same time, it's romantic, it's funny and Chris Hemsworth is GORGEOUS! I really recommend Thor and if you can see it in 3D before it leaves theatres, spend the extra money because it's worth it! A really fun flick that your boyfriends, husbands or sons will also enjoy!



post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Pink Julep at the Cinema: What I've Been Watching Lately