Head Over Heels for Boots!

One of my favorite things in the world is a great pair of boots! My first year in New York, it was so cold and wet and I asked my mother for money for Christmas so I could go shopping for some good boots. Having gone to college in Miami, my shoe wardrobe consisted of many colorful summery styles and very few warm options! I was a very lucky girl the day I walked into Macy's with my $300 of boots cash that Christmas! When I walked out I had 2 great pairs of boots: one black pair and one brown pair with a shearling top and some subtle turquoise beading. I was in love with both pairs and they lasted for 2 wonderful years with 2 brutal winters! Since then, I've adored boots and gone through many different pairs and styles.

Since moving to Cayman, I've missed boots so much! I do have a great pair of booties I bought last Christmas that I can get away with on the island, a pair of black suede wedge knee-high boots that have been collecting dust for the past 2 1/2 years, and I scored a gorgeous pair of sweater knit grey Uggs during my Easter trip to Ireland, but I long for more and more boots!

Even though my budget is much better off than it was the year I asked my mom for the boots cash, most of these are still beyond my budget or what I would willingly pay for a pair of shoes, but it's good to have inspiration and I'll definitely be looking for some more affordable versions of the styles below! Except for the Uggs and the Hunters! If I'm moving to England, I'll have to have some appropriate wellies and well, I'm a sucker for Uggs!

Alexandre Birman

Chie Mihara
www.saks.com

Christian Louboutin
www.saks.com



Hunter
www.saks.com


Prada

Ugg Australia
Sam Edelman
http://shop.nordstrom.com



Burberry
Dior
Valentino
I'm not sure I can get behind the over-the-knee boot trend. It always reminds me of Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts pulls the condoms out of her boots. I am in no way saying that those who wear over-the-knee boots look like hookers. But what I will say is that I think if you're going to wear such a bold type of boot, you'd either better have a damn fierce dress on or the perfect fitting jeans that don't bunch up over the top of the boots. Now that I've said that, I'm wondering why you'd pay tons of cash for the perfect jeans and then cover up 3/4 of them with expensive boots.... so what I guess I'm saying is, I'm probably not going to wear over-the-knee boots anytime soon. Will you?

post signature


0 comments:

Post a comment on: Head Over Heels for Boots!