Bringing a Summer Classic Into Autumn



Black and white designs were all over the Fall 2011 ready to wear runways during the Spring and I love it! I always think of crisp black & white for Spring/Summer, but it is always refreshing to mix things up a bit! That whole idea of not wearing white in the colder months is dated and I'm happy to see things going a more modern route! All kinds of chic two-toned looks pranced down the runway, including my favourite above, which kind of reminds me of a cheerleading uniform, but I just love it!


The black & white furs for Fall are amazing! I love them and think this is such a chic look if you are brave enough to try it! (and can afford it)



Whether the look is simple colour blocking or a polka-dot style, this is quite possibly as clean as crisp as two colours can look together.


And the interesting prints aren't just for multiple colours as DVF showed us! I love a black & white print. It's almost a neutral that you can add a pop of colour to with a bright red bag, a pair of blue shoes or some yellow bangles!


Since most of my readership is American, I'm dying to know: how many of you are still observing the no white after Labor Day rule? No judgement here... I'm just curious!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Bringing a Summer Classic Into Autumn