The Elle UK 25th Anniversary Beauty Event at Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge

Last night I attended the Elle UK 25th Anniversary Beauty Event at Harvey Nichols in Knightsbridge. I had purchased my ticket weeks ago for 15 pounds, which I could then redeem towards a purchase from the beauty department during the event. Here's a very random post on the event, what I wore, etc.

I needed a polish change in the worst way yesterday, so I decided to try Chanel Particuliere, which I just got and had never tried before. WELL... Chanel nail varnish is like painting plush velvet silky wonderfulness onto your fingers! It goes on super smooth and so far (24 hours later) it's stayed that way! Particuliere was a hug color last fall, but it's perfect again for this year! It's a sort of taupe/brown color with hints of lavender, mauve & grey in the undertones... so basically you can wear Particuliere with any color and it will be perfect! I wore it with a dress that is deep purple with fuschia and grey details and it looked great next to my dress! While at the event I enquired about the new khaki colors for fall at Chanel and was told they are exclusive to Selfridge's and have been sold out for ages! Guess I'll have to try a trip to Selfridge's.

Since it was a beauty event, I decided to go glam with my hair and make-up! I used hot rollers on my hair to get this look. For my berry lips (very hot for Fall) I used a Nars lipstick pencil in Damned and MAC plushglass in Oversexed. I love this color and will be wearing it often this fall! Sorry for the color of the photo... not sure why this happens when I photograph in my room sometimes...


Sorry for the flash picture but I was in a hurry. Wanted to show you my mac (a.k.a. raincoat in England) cause I loves it!
OOTD
Sweater Dress: Monsoon
Grey Tights: Express
Grey Booties: Banana Republic
Cocktail Ring: Primark
Black Ring: H&M
Leaf Earrings: Accessorize
Mac Jacket: Marks & Spencer
Bag: Coach


The event itself was lovely! There were glasses of white wine, cute little cocktails with floating flowers in them and tiny cupcakes being passed around by waiters. Many of the counters were offering free samples or demonstrations of their products. I watched a lady get her hair curled using a GHD flat iron (something that's on my Christmas list!). I really enjoyed seeing all the different products and counters, some familiar like Nars, Chanel, YSL or Bliss Spa and some new to me like Sue Devitt, a make-up brand who also gave a demonstration at the event.
The day before I had been to Harrod's where a sales lady gave me a sample of the new scent Love, Chloe and I loved it. So when it came time for me to choose something to buy, I had no problem. This scent is perfect for fall and winter!

I enquired about the price and was told the bottle of fragrance was 50 pounds, but this gift set was 53 pounds! SCORE!!! Of course I brought home the gift set and with my ticket price deducted from the total, I was super happy!

I didn't get as much swag as some, but I did get home with plenty of samples for me and hubby! Perfume samples are great cause you can take them in your plastic bag in a carry-on when you're travelling so I always keep them handy!

We're headed to a pub called The Marlyebone Pub tonight to meet up with friends! Thursdays are supposed to be good nights in London! I hope you're all having a fabulous week!


post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: The Elle UK 25th Anniversary Beauty Event at Harvey Nichols, Knightsbridge