Pink Julep's London Look

Since moving to London, I have had to build almost an entirely new wardrobe. Most of what I had in Cayman was either worn out or too summery. Obviously I could keep some pieces that I used to build outfits with other new pieces, but for the most part, I pretty much had to start from scratch upon arrival!

The London look is just that... it's all London! Girls here are super stylish and it seems as though really anything goes! I do notice that nearly everyone has an affection for boots, tights, leggings and booties!

One of my new favorite styles is the oversized boyfriend or shawl collar cardigan or tunic sweater with a pair of leggings. Since I'm not currently working, this along with v-neck sweaters and mini skirts has pretty much become my uniform as of late and I love this look. Pair it with UGGS and a tote bag for super casual comfort or booties, a chic scarf, some jewelry and a luxe leather hobo for a more glamorous look! Here are my suggestions for how to rock this look!




Mixing neutrals is key for a well rounded wardrobe in my opinion. It's a way to use what you have and still look super luxe! In this ensemble, I've played with all different shades of brown/camel and mixed it with gold jewelry and a leopard print scarf, which ties all the shades together.




Grey is the new black and has been for a while. I love it! There's something very chic and luxurious about grey! So why not grab a cheap cowl neck sweater tunic from H&M and a pair of black leggings, but upgrade the outfit with fur-trimmed booties, a crocodile bag, oversized sunnies and some statement earrings! I actually just bought these booties and they are my favorite new piece so far!



For shopping days and walking around on the streets of London, comfort is key for me. I recently met a friend for a full day of exploring and I couldn't justify wearing any shoes other than my Classic Cardi UGG boots (as pictured above). I have them in grey and love wearing them with a long boyfriend cardigan, fitted tee or tank and a pair of leggings. Top that with a cute pair of earrings, sunnies if weather demands and a purse big enough to hold all the day's necessities and I'm ready for a day of London leisure!



My new must-have item is a chic scarf! As you all know, my hubs recently surprised me with an Alexander McQueen classic skull scarf, but it only started me going... now I've been hunting high and low for more and more scarfs. A scarf with a great print can take your outfit from blah to wow in 60 seconds or less! Again with this outfit, I'm mixing neutrals. Black, the oh-so-of-the-moment olive green and brown are featured here. Tie them together with a scarf that goes with all three colors. Simple as that. This outfit also features jeggings. I don't have any jeggings, but skinny jeans if they are cut right can do the same trick. In my opinion, there's nothing sexier that mixing black with dark wash skinny jeans... it's simple, chic and clean cut... very sexy!

So, what's your day to day uniform?
post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Pink Julep's London Look