Time to talk WEDDING!

Ok, I am excited to say that a vision for our wedding is starting to develop :-) I was worried that it would be difficult to decide on an overall style because I have seen so many wonderful inspirations!!

So, we're planning to have the wedding next September. Probably mid-September when its still warm enough to be comfortable outdoors. I have this "late-summer day in the country" idea that is developing more and more as I have been able to find a lot of inspiration! Here is one of the ideas that I really like!


(courtesy of Brides.com)

I love this idea as a guest-gift! These are carmelized cranberries in mini galvanized buckets. I especially love the straw tied monogram, giving it a personal touch!

I really want to have pies at the reception, too. Not in place of a wedding cake, but our cake will probably be a little more simple.

My grandparents (where we're planning to have the reception) have a big old barn on their property that I would love to tie into the reception somehow. I know I want photos taken outside and inside of it, but I think it would be neat to have a "cider-stop" or something along those lines set up.. I'll develop that idea further and keep you posted!

L and I are going to the west side of the state this weekend to babysit my youngest sister while my dad and step-mom are in California for my dad's business trip. I plan to get some important pieces of planning done while we're there! On my list of goals-

  • Set up consultations with a few photographers
  • Narrow down a couple of dates/weekend
  • Get some ideas/get started on bridesmaid invites (I want to send each of them a special little package, asking them to be a part of my special day!)
  • Finish our rough-draft of our guest list so that we can...
  • Get moving on our budget!

I'm excited for us to have this downtime to make some wedding progress! So much fun!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Time to talk WEDDING!