Healthy Wife, Healthy Life

Happy Wednesday again, everyone!

Today's Healthy Wife, Healthy Life is going to be all about one of the biggest threats to staying healthy (for me at least). That is the, dun dun dunnnn... SWEET TOOTH! Mine is big. My husbands is gigantic! He may or may not want me to disclose the fact that he has been known to put back a whole package of oreo's within 48 hours. (Lucky for him he has a lightning fast metabolism!) My sweet tooth can be a major enemy in my fight to eat healthy everyday, but the key for me has been to make the right choices when it comes to sweets. Its ridiculous to think you can cut sweets out of your diet completely. We all need a little sugar in our day! :o) Control, moderation, and making right choices is the answer!

If you looked in our cupboards and freezer before, you would have seen the following:





Now don't get me wrong. I still LOVE each one of these things. In fact, I still eat them.... EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE! Having any of these around when the sweet tooth sneaks up though is a recipe for disaster! Instead, we've been stocking up on these better alternatives:





All of these do the trick when I need a little sugar in my life. If you keep your cool-whip in the freezer, it will have an ice cream consistency and you can add fruit, a little chocolate syrup or nuts to it for a sundae-like dessert. The chocolate covered pretzel packs are perfect for a little mid-afternoon snack or a light dessert. The mousse.. well that is self-explanatory. This girl HAS TO HAVE HER CHOCOLATE, and this rich chocolate mousse has been a life saver when the chocolate attacks kick in :o)

You'll never see me cutting out sweets. No way, no how. But making better choices and not over-indulging makes giving myself a treat worthwhile. Not only am I keeping my sugar intake controlled (which is beneficial to your health), I'm also not letting those pesky refined sugars and fats get the best of my healthy diet!

*For those that asked about the supplements last week, shoot me an e-mail and I can send you all of the info for them!*

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Healthy Wife, Healthy Life