Let's Talk About Hair!


In this photo:
Dana Buchman Victorian Style Puffer Jacket, Coach Patent Croc Bag, Primark Purple Cocktail Ring, Armani Exchange Sunglasses, M&S Grey Sparkly Knit Scarf

I recently posted about my new Babyliss Curling Wand. If you missed it and would like to catch up, you can read it by clicking here. I promised a further update on the magical powers of my curling wand so here we are. Above is a style I did using a lighter hand and not curling the hair quite as tight as I did last time. Because I also had on huge sunnies that day, my husband said I looked like Rachel Zoe and insisted on calling me "Raisin Face." He's a character!


This is a photo from the previous time I had used the curling wand when I curled it super tight and then brushed it out to get waves. This photo was taken 2 days later when I had been laying on it for 2 days since I was sick. Still wavy enough to work with a bit of oil or finishing cream!

One of the trends I've seen a lot lately besides the return of curly hair is braids! Models were sporting braids all over the New York Fashion Week Catwalk and with the 70's boho look coming back in style, knowing how to braid your hair is key because this look is perfect with some flared jeans! This is the look from the front.


In this photo: H&M Grey Sawl Cardi, Oasis Navy Bow Top, Boots Navy Cocktail Ring, Accessorize Earrings and OPI Russian Navy on Nails.
To get this look, I parted my hair down the middle, french braided the 2 halves of my hair and secured with rubber bands. I didn't have any clear plastic ones at the time, but I recommend them because they are easy to conceal. I then took each braid and pulled it up, wrapping it around my head and pinned them in place with bobby pins, making sure to conceal the end of each braid and the rubber band. Below is a look at the top.
And here's what it looks like from the back. I obviously didn't do a very good job with my part, but as you can see, it looks lovely and like you have 4 braids and they're wrapped around your hair.

This look can also be done without using a French braid. Just part the hair and braid each side normally and finish the same way. It won't give the 4 braids illusion, but it should be just as pretty!

post signature


0 comments:

Post a comment on: Let's Talk About Hair!