Marchesa Fall 2011 RTW - Fashion Forward or a Little Too Avant Garde?

When I heard that the Marchesa Fall 2011 Ready to Wear collection would be inspired by Mrs. Havisham from Great Expectations, I nearly foamed at the mouth with excitement! Marchesa has been one of my favorites since their designs started popping up on red carpets like wildfire! But when I saw the finished product for Fall I must admit, I was a little disappointed. There's no doubt that the garments are very fashionably artistic and beautifully made and I definitely respect that! But Marchesa has a reputation for being the go-to for red carpet celebrities and to be honest, if I were a stylist, I'd be careful about putting too many of these frocks on the red carpet. They just seem a little too risky and while I love a fashionista who will take a risk, I just don't think it's in most people's best interest to do so these days. Anyway, the dresses are lovely and the designs are unique. Have a look and let me know what you think?




Photos from www.elle.com
post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Marchesa Fall 2011 RTW - Fashion Forward or a Little Too Avant Garde?