Terrified of Fish - Part V

And here it is! The fourth and final dish of Vineyard Vogue's Terrified of Fish segment! This one was very fun to make, it reminded me of Semi-Homemade with Sandra Lee! Follow along for another fabulous fish dish!

L took the reigns for much of this one, and I must say he did a great job! This salmon dish was so yummy. It is full of flavor and mixed with veggies and noodles.... YUM!! The noodles really hold the lime too, so it makes it even tastier. And, even better, the dish was sooo simple! Rachel Ann was worried that it was too simple, but we all need a quick-go-to fish dish, and this is definitely one!

This recipe came to me from BFF's in Boston. Its a "semi-homemade" dish made by her and her husband. Its awesome, Rachel Ann.. THANK YOU!

Here is her explaination:

"Nathan and I eat the easiest salmon recipe known to man. I'm a little embarrassed to type it here because all of these "real" recipes sound so good.

Anyway, we take salmon filets and squeeze a lot of lime juice over them (one lime per piece of salmon). Then, we salt them and add Spike (a non-salt version of Mrs. Dash you can buy at Whole Foods--although I'm sure Mrs. Dash works too).Then we slice another lime very thinly and lay the lime slices over the salmon for broiling.Broil them for 10-15 minutes until the middle is flaky.

We eat this with ramen noodles. Nope--I'm not kidding. We throw out the spice packet and make ramen with veggie stock and mixed frozen vegetables and chunk up the salmon over it. So.Good."

Here are the goods! Yummy, yummy, yummy!!




Thanks again, Rachel Ann!! L and I have yet another great recipe to add to the collection! :o)

Alright, now I would just like to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, to all four of the ladies that sent in such wonderful fish recipes for L and I to try. They were-

Grits, Mona, Grosgrain Lane, & BFF's in Boston!

We thoroughly enjoyed preparing, and eating (of course!) all four of them. Even though it took awhile to get through the whole segment (oopsie!), I really do feel more confident cooking with fish. I am excited to try even more recipes and even more types of seafood in the kitchen. I hope you have all been able to try some of these great recipes, and feel more confident handling fish too!

To see all of the recipes, click here!

To thank you ladies, I have a little something for each of you! All you have to do is e-mail me your address at VineyardVogue@gmail.com, and your thank-you treat will be on its way! I promise it won't be a piece of fish, haha!

Thanks again ladies! Happy fish-cooking! :o)

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Terrified of Fish - Part V