To Pink Julep on Her 30th Birthday

I am 30 years old today! I can't believe it! I am now exactly the age my mother was when she had me and 1/2 her current age. I don't look much different than I did 10 years ago (aside from a few fine lines and only a few extra pounds), I don't act much different and I'm still watching shows like Gossip Girl and 90210 so I think it's safe to say for the most part, my youth is in tact and I'm not upset about this milestone birthday! I'm excited!!!

I've asked for a Missoni scarf and a Dyptique candle for my birthday!! Here's hoping I'll get them or something better! Funny how when hubs asked me what I wanted, I toiled for ages trying to find the perfect thing and then simply settled on a scarf and a luxury overpriced candle! hahaha Guess it's good that I don't need anything so maybe I'll get spoiled a little! Other than my husband taking off today and tomorrow to celebrate all weekend with me (we'll celebrate his too since it's on Tuesday) and that he's making dinner, I'm not sure what he has planned for me today. I've been told to leave the house for an hour and that I don't have to particularly dress up! I'm excited!

I always get a little reflective around my birthday and I'm particularly positive this time around. I may not have achieved exactly what I wanted to, but I've achieved so many other things and had some really amazing experiences! In my 20's alone I've lived in Miami, Kentucky, New York City, the Cayman Islands and London! I got engaged and married! I graduated university and travelled to England, Ireland, Canada and Jamaica, not to mention all the places I went to in the US. I've worked in marketing, at a Broadway theatre company, an art film house and a liquidations firms in an offshore tax haven. It's safe to say I haven't been bored yet and it only makes me more excited about what the future could hold for my 30's! Besides, 30 is the new 20!

Have a great weekend!!! xoxo

post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: To Pink Julep on Her 30th Birthday