Pink Julep at the Library: How to Walk in High Heels


I just finished How to Walk in High Heels by Camilla Morton. I'm a little dumbfounded by this book. Parts of it are AMAZING with fabulously valuable information, like how to get ready and keep yourself calm, an inspiring passage written by Manolo Blahnik and herbal remedies for common ailments. But other parts, to be honest, I skipped entirely, like how to drive a car, how to send an e-mail... stuff that if I hadn't already known by now, I'd be in big trouble.
My recommendation is that this is a useful reference book. No need to read the whole thing, but good to have in the library should you need some tips on gardening or meeting the Queen of England. This is also a great book for a young girl of 15 or 16 as some of the lessons would be great if it weren't a lesson on something you'd been doing for half of your life. I think this would be a perfect confirmation or batmitzvah gift for a young lady, but for us seasoned gals, the really good pages in this book are few and far between. I have to admit, I skipped through half of it. I don't have a hedge, so why would I read about trimming one?
Not a bad book at all, but not my favorite by far.
xoxo,
Pink Julep!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Pink Julep at the Library: How to Walk in High Heels