My First 4th of July in London

Is it unpatriotic for me to say that this is the best 4th of July I've ever had? I know I'm not in the US now and while I do miss the atmosphere and fireworks, I have to say, London has served up a great day for us American expats! The day started with cookies and Happy 4th wishes from my boss and co-workers which I found to be very sweet and fun!

To celebrate this evening, my husband and I went on a date to The Big Easy on Kings Road! We had never been before, but it was excellent!

Marc ordered the Crab Shack Combo, while I kept it traditional and went for the 1/2 BBQ Chicken with BBQ Beans and Fries. It was delicious! As soon as I walked in the door I thought it smelled like home! The Big Easy is great and for the 4th they even poured on some good All-American live music! I loved it! We had great fun there and will definitely be going back!

On a different note, I have to share this product with you! I picked up the Dove Summer Glow while browsing at Superdrug one day when I noticed it was on sale. I absolutely love this product! I'm scared of the sun now after living in such direct sunlight for so long, but I'm not quite dedicated enough for full on sunless tanner. This is basically a tan building moisturizer that you put on just like lotion. It moisturizes and tans at the same time. It smells pretty good and doesn't streak! This product has been my lifesaver for semi-tanned arms and legs this summer!
Here is my 4th of July outfit! I ran out and bought this dress yesterday when I realized I had no red, white & blue options in my closet. I had seen it already and loved it, so I decided it had to be mine! It's so comfortable and girly. I love it with flats or nude pumps in the summer and when it gets cooler, I'm looking forward to wearing it with tights, a cardigan and boots! I always think of multi-seasonal uses for my clothes when I'm shopping so I get more bang for my buck!

The print is really pretty. It reminds me of prints from the late 70's and early 80's.
I also got another Barry M. nail polish that I love. It's called Bright Red and it's the perfect red nail colour!
And though I rarely wear red lipstick because it's hard to maintain all day long and can get messy if you're not careful, today was a special occasion!

Monsoon Floral Dress
Banana Republic Nude Pumps
Diesel Brown Work Bag
Accessorize Blue Earrings
Boots Blue Stone Ring

I hope you've all had a lovely 4th of July weekend! How did you celebrate?

post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: My First 4th of July in London