Pink Julep in the Library: The Guernsey LIterary and Potato Peel Society

I finished the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows in less than 24 hours. Needless to say, I couldn't put it down. I can quite surely say that this is one of the best books I've ever read and is definitely one of my favorites of all time. It's heart-warming, inspiring and I felt as if the story and the people in it were real. I'm also now feeling inspired to visit Guernsey on my next trip abroad.

Set in post-WWII London and Guernsey, the story centers around Juliet, an author who has made her living writing commentaries on the war infused with humor to help people get through it. She receives a mysterious letter from a member of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and begins corresponding with this man along with fellow members of the society. What happens after that is nothing short of magnificent and I won't give anything else away.

This is a MUST READ!!! 2 thumbs up, a million stars and most certainly Pink Julep approved!

I'm on schedule with my summer reading goal! I've finished 2 books in 4 days and feeling quite proud of myself thusfar! Next on my list is American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld for which I've budgeted 5 days to finish in my reading schedule. If it's as good as I've heard, hopefully I'll finish ahead of schedule!

xoxo,
Pink Julep!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Pink Julep in the Library: The Guernsey LIterary and Potato Peel Society