Pink Julep in the Cinema: A Single Man by Tom Ford

When I heard that legendary clothing designer Tom Ford wrote and directed a film, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! A Single Man is based on a Christopher Isherwood novel of the same name. Christopher Isherwood is most famous for writing Goodbye to Berlin on which Cabaret and I Am a Camera were based.

The film follows the aftermath of the loss of an aging professor's lover and how he deals with his grief and the void in his life. I found the plot to be very minimal and a bit slow to be honest, but I must say, this is one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen in my life! Set in the stylish early 1960's, everything about this film is visual and inviting! I'm a sucker for 60's style! Hair was big, but ties were skinny! Wayfarer glasses, long dresses, big eyeliner, mod furniture... I love it all! And Tom Ford captures every last morsel of the time, right down to Julianne Moore's candy pink cigarettes! The cinematography is fantastic! Here are some photos from Tom Ford's A Single Man, which in my opinion is truly a work of art and not to be missed!





xoxo,
Pink Julep!

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Pink Julep in the Cinema: A Single Man by Tom Ford