Things They Are a Changin'

Well everyone, tomorrow is my last day at my job. Yes, I am joining the ranks of the unemployed in Michigan. I knew this was coming. My boss and I had this talk a couple of months ago. All over Michigan and especially in Metro-Detroit, companies are downsizing and strapping themselves in tight. I completely understand it. I also know that everything happens for a reason and I don't believe for one second that this wasn't part of "the plan." To prove it, next week happens to be the beginning of the second summer semester and.... I'm GOING BACK TO SCHOOL.. FULL TIME! :o) I am so so so excited! This has been in the works for quite some time and it has all come together just perfectly! I am changing careers and just know that this is going to be an awesome journey!


I am truly feeling blessed for this opportunity. Life is good.

The girls at work threw a luncheon for me today. We had Focaccia Sandwiches and Pasta Salad with sun-dried tomatoes.. mmmm it was all so good! Then they completely suprised me and our HR manager walked in with two BIG Pottery Barn bags. They bought us the 20-piece Emma Dishes that we registered for! Those girls are so sweet.. I'm really going to miss them. Not seeing some of those gals everyday anymore definitely makes it bittersweet!


Well, time to do some laundry and pack! I am meeting L and his parents at their place Up North tomorrow after work! If I don't post before then, Have a wonderful, wonderful 4th of July! GOD BLESS AMERICA! :o)



0 comments:

Post a comment on: Things They Are a Changin'