Boohoo Autumn/Winter Preview Event

Yesterday I attended the Autumn/Winter 2011 Preview event for Boohoo in Cavendish Square. For those of you who aren't familiar with Boohoo, it's an online fashion retailer that sells all the latest in fashion and trends at extremely affordable prices! It's also good to know that Boohoo delivers to the UK, Europe, Australia, the United States and Canada!


I was super impressed with the event! Every detail was carefully planned from the hot pink sofas and leopard print chairs to the champagne and food. It was a really fun, relaxed event and I had a great time playing with clothes, meeting fellow bloggers and learning about the brand. It was a lot like playing dress-up with new girlfriends in someone else's fancy closet!


I loved the way they displayed the collection, with shoes dotted all over the room, clothes hung on racks, the accessories displayed on a dressing table and bags hanging from mirrors and pretty much anywhere they could be hung.


I was particularly impressed with the bags from Boohoo! They are fun, trendy and come in lots of different colour combinations. Best of all, they definitely don't break the bank, so if you want a bag for a night out, these are fabulous and if someone spills wine on it, then it's not the end of the world because it didn't cost the equivalent of a mortgage.


The Mimi Wide Frame Snake Print Clutch really impressed me! Snakeskin is a huge trend for Autumn and I think we all know that snakeskin seems to be one of those trends that comes and goes like the weather. I would much rather buy this clutch for GBP 15.00 than throw down major money for a trend that might not be around by next year! This clutch is really cute and I'm putting it on my wishlist for Autumn!


The shoes on display were adorable! All the trends for Autumn/Winter are present in the collection without the hefty price tag! It's a shame to spend loads on suede or fur boots, only to have them ruined by the London rain.




When I'm shopping on the high street, I notice regularly how expensive the blouse trend can be! This is one trend that could potentially bankrupt me! Boohoo had some really cute blouses, similar to the styles we see all the time on fashionistas like Duchess Katherine, Pippa and Alexa Chung! These were two of my favourites!


At the event we were encouraged to try on the clothes and play with them as much as we liked! I absolutely loved this aspect of the event! For me, it's important to be able to touch the clothes and see what they look like before I write about them. I fell in love with a few of the kimonos and couldn't resist trying this one on! I've spied a few versions of this style in the past at shops like Topshop and have literally swooned over the versions from Winter Kate, Nicole Richie's line, but I just couldn't justify the cost. I will definitely consider this kimono this season!


I took the opportunity as well to play stylist. My pal Pauper Princess and I put this outfit together and I just love it! It was fun to have a little Rachel Zoe moment!


The Autumn/Winter 2011 Collection comprises of six concept collections. It's a really great idea and a good way to incorporate many of the big trends for the upcoming season!






The Working Wardrobe


















If you've never shopped at Boohoo before, it's definitely worth taking a look! They have an endless assortment of choice perfectly priced for the fashionista on a budget. If you're a fan of retailers like Forever 21 or H&M, it's definitely a great option for you! I'll definitely be picking up a few pieces soon that I'll share on the blog!


post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Boohoo Autumn/Winter Preview Event