Pink Julep at the Cinema: Impromptu

Photo Credit: www.dvdnear.com

A long time ago I bought Impromptu from I-Tunes because it was like $5.00 and looked interesting! Sometimes I love watching the older films I missed along the way and Hugh Grant and Judy Davis look soooooo young on the cover I decided to get it. I didn't watch it until last weekend though... I just never got around to it.

Impromptu is the story of George Sand, a lady author who is actually named Aurora, but for some time has dressed as a man and taken a man's name. She is rumored among her peers to be a loose woman though she is highly respected as an artist. She comes to know iconic composer and pianist Frederic Chopin and falls in love with him even though he is a fragile, sickly, strange man.

The characters in this film are all of historical merit, being artists, writers and composers whom you will recognize. The cast is amazing and includes Mandy Patinkin and Bernadette Peters. Though I wouldn't rate this as an amazing film, it is beautiful and the story was unknown to me before seeing it. I would recommend this film to anyone who loves historical dramas or classical music. It's not a must-see, but definitely worth your time should you ever come across it and for $5.00, it was certainly worth the price tag for me.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Pink Julep at the Cinema: Impromptu