What to do...


with an empty room!?

Back when I first started blogging.. around February, L and I were in the midst of renovating the basement. Well, it has been completely finished for months, and one of the rooms is furnished and decorated and totally being used. We made it a TV room, complete with super cozy wrap-around corner sofa, big screen tv, surround sound.. you get the picture. Well, on the opposite side of the stairs leading into the basement, there is another room, of similar size that also completely finished.. but more or less collecting dust. I can't help but get a little twinge whenever I walk by because I hate wasted space (even if only temporary). I have had a few different ideas on what to with this room. First we thought we would put a neat table and chairs, photography on the walls, showcases for good dishes, glasses, etc.. it would be like an entertaining room. Then, we thought about making it the office and turning the current office into another spare bedroom. I have some other ideas swirling through my head.. exercise room, lounge room with bookshelves and comfy chairs and chaises, office/craft/storage room.. What to do, what to do? We aren't in the position to make any huge purchases right now, so we can take our time on deciding, but I would love to get started on it. Here are some of my inspirations for the room ideas:


The walls in the room are a blue a little deeper than the wall color shown in the third picture. Black or White furniture will totally work, but I'd like to add some accent. The occassional chair in the second picture would be so fun, and the blue in the pattern would totally pull from the wall color. I would adore every single one of these pieces. Hmmm? Ideas, ideas.

0 comments:

Post a comment on: What to do...