Pink Julep Travels: Dublin

Source

I was in Dublin last weekend! It was a super quick trip so I didn't have time for any photos or much really. We basically flew over for a friend's 30th birthday party. However, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite things to see, do and eat in Dublin, starting with visiting the Molly Malone statue (pictured above). This statue is also known as the "tart with the cart" and if you get the chance, sing the song Molly Malone while crossing the Ha'Penny Bridge to see her! It's one of my favorite things in Dublin!

Source

Steps of Rome off Grafton Street is quite possibly some of the best pizza I've ever had. The little pizzeria is full of charm and personality! My husband took me there once because he used to eat there as a college student! I look forward to going back there again sometime!

Source

We discovered Darwin's by accident, just looking for a place to eat. We just asked a man in a pub and he suggested it. When we went in, we were met with amazing service and the owner told us her story. Her husband is a retired butcher, hence the amazing steaks! If you're ever in Dublin, this is truly a meal you can't miss! Go for the filet! It's amazing and the wine is good too!

Source

Brown Thomas is kind of the Saks or Neimans of Ireland. It's a high-end luxury department store. The Dublin location even has a Chanel boutique. It's a great place to shop while visiting Dublin and it's right in the heart of Grafton Street where there's loads of other amazing shops!

McSorley's is where we celebrated our friend's birthday last Saturday night and I was excited to go there! My husband won a Drinker of the Year award there while he was in college, but from what I heard, it wasn't quantity, but frequency for which he won! hahaha Anyway, I'd heard many a story and it definitely lives up to its reputation! Located in the scenic and trendy area of Ranelagh, McSorley's is a hip, trendy, late-night bar that is definitely where the beautiful and fun people of Dublin go to party! We had a great time, dancing the night away to great tunes from every decade played by a DJ. I'll look forward to going to McSorley's again in the future as well!

Have any of you been to Dublin recently and found a great hot spot that just can't be missed? If so, please share as I seem to go to Dublin at least twice a year with my husband and I love trying out new places!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Pink Julep Travels: Dublin