Trendspotting: Sparkle Baby, Sparkle!


1. Victoria Beckham 2. Naeem Khan 3. Gianfranco Ferre


4. Gianfranco Ferre 4 & 5. Elie Saab



7. Blugirl 8. Balmain

The sparkly trend isn't going anywhere this Spring. In fact, it's bigger and better than ever! Victoria Beckham showed a lovely sparkly dress and Balmain's collection featured a runway full of metallic capri pants, but I have to say, my favorite glitzy looks for Spring came from Elie Saab and Gianfranco Ferre!
With regards to this trend, I think moderation is key. A little glitter goes a long way on most gals! If you have a model's figure and want to cover yourself in metallics and sequins, then I say go for it! But if you're like me and have some serious curvage, be careful how you wear your glitz. Here are a few tips:
1. Wear your sequins or metallics on areas you'd like to draw attention to. If you have a flawless bootie, then the balmain pants are for you. But if you're best feature is your delicate collar bone, try a top or dress with just a little glitz around the neckline and skip the necklace.
2. Do not wear glitz on an area that you feel is larger than you'd like. I'm a chesty girl and if I try to wear a sequins tank top, I look like a big ole scary glittery uni-boob monster... not sexy. The giltz can make parts look a little bigger, so wear it wisely in areas where you can afford the increase. (this goes back to #1 really)
3. There is such a thing as too much. If you're wearing a sequins shift, then that's enough. Go leather or simple on the shoes, purse and jewelry. Your dress is pretty much your jewelry and the statement for the day. You don't wanna look like a disco ball!
4. Don't be afraid to mix glitz with something prep or plain. I love the look of a button down oxford shirt with a sequins mini. I also think a sequins top can look really cute with a pair of boyfriend jeans or skinny jeans and a pair of heels!
5. You don't have to be going to the disco to wear glitzy glam gear! I have a black t-shirt with black sequins on it I got from Mango that I wear with slacks to the office and with jeans to the movies. I throw cardigans over it all the time and wear it everywhere. Yes, minimal glitz can even work for well... work.
So will you be rockin this glitzy trend this summer?

post signature

Photos from www.elle.com

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Trendspotting: Sparkle Baby, Sparkle!