Pink Julep Eats: Hare & Tortoise



On Tuesday night, my husband phoned to say he would be running late and would probably grab a sandwich for dinner. This happens from time to time and I'm totally used to it. Most of the time I just have a bowl of soup or a sandwich in those cases, but on Tuesday, I was hungry and wanted a meal. So I walked next door to Hare & Tortoise, which I'd never tried before and asked for a table of 1. (sad, I know!)

I ordered the Spicy Tuna Maki (without onions because I don't like them) as a starter and it was DELISH!!! I hadn't had sushi in so long! I will definitely be heading back to Hare & Tortoise for sushi in the future! I also really enjoy their Diet Coke in a bottle! For some reason, Diet Coke always tastes better when it comes out of a glass bottle. For my main I ordered the Chicken Katsu Curry. Its the same dish I usually order at Wagamama and I have to say, I like Wagamama's Katsu Curry better, but it's simply a matter of taste. The two establishments do not make them the same. Wagamama's sauce is a thick, true curry sauce while the curry sauce at Hare & Tortoise is more like a thick stew with potatoes and other vegetables in it. It's very good, but not at all my favorite. I think I'll stick with sushi next time I go!

There are Tortoise & Hare locations all over London. Check out their website by clicking here for locations and more information. For those of you living in the US, if you find yourself visiting London, Tortoise & Hare is a very reasonably priced Japaneze restaurant that's perfect for a casual lunch or dinner on your vacation!
post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Pink Julep Eats: Hare & Tortoise