Photographic Evidence

"C" said in a comment yesterday on the post called Making a Change:



"hmmm... I weigh close to 128 and I am almost 6" shorter than you...you must have been quite thin...good luck. Personally, I find exercise better than dieting, but both are probably necessary. "



In response I will say firstly, the Dukan Diet plainly says if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to change the way you think about exercise and I couldn't agree more. I think both are important and I'm pretty good about getting exercise however with the way I've been eating, it's no wonder I've never lost much weight. Also, during the certain stages of the Dukan Diet, you are encouraged not to do too much difficult exercising because you're body can't handle it along with what you are doing in the diet, but by the end of the book and the diet, exercise is strongly encouraged.



Second, I thought I would show a difference in my weight with pictures since you mentioned it. I used to be a dancer and yes, I was pretty thin at 128, though not as thin as you might think.

This is me a few weeks ago at the Cambridge/Oxford Boat Race weighing in a 188 lbs.




This is me in a friend's wedding in 2006 at 128 lbs wearing a less than flattering dress, but still, you can tell the difference:


I have a tendency to put on weight all over so the good news is that I carry it better than some. I don't have all my weight in my butt or hips. It's all over the place! But here are some of the differences I've noticed:

1. In 2006 I wore a US size 6 or 8 and now I wear a US size 10 or 12 and in a dress it has to be US size 14 or 16 to fit in the bust and then it's too big everywhere else.

2. In 2006 I wore a 34 or 36 B or C depending on the bra and I now wear 36 D or 38 C and sometimes a bigger size depending on the bra.

3. In 2006 I could go without a bra and proudly wore tube tops! Not anymore and I have no idea if that's an age or a weight thing, but I'd like to find out!


If anyone else has any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to comment! I'll try to answer any questions I can!


post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Photographic Evidence