It's A He/She Thing



Androgynous looks were all over the Autumn 2011 catwalks with long tall models dressed in fashions that we would usually consider masculine or manly. There is something sexy about a woman pulling off this look if she can. Of course we all remember Celine Dion wearing a white tuxedo backwards and looking flawless or the androgynous fashions of Diane Keaton during her hey day. I don't think this is a look for me, but I do like it when it has the right mix of he/she qualities!




The models at Stella McCartney wore the look with loose hair and soft make-up while models at The Row had giant earrings, heavy make-up and slicked back hair. Both showed a feminine side to the look.




As we've come to expect from Gucci, wearing the pants is all about high glamour! At Lamb, a 60's housewife vibe came from big hair and a scarf while a masculine punk ensemble finished off the androgynous look.




Some looks from the Fall collections were more full on, like those seen at Dolce & Gabbana and Frankie Morel. There's a sort of punk vibe to them and they are ultra funky!


I think this look is fairly formal. I could see someone wearing this style for a night out. Like I said, for me personally, I don't think this trend is up my alley at all. I love looking as girlie as possible.


What do you think? Would you rock the androgyny trend?

post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: It's A He/She Thing