My Picks for Best Dressed at The Oscars


I am pretty underwhelmed by Oscars fashion this year, however some of the nominees and attendees got it right this year in my opinion and I thought I'd share my picks, starting with Anne Hathaway above in Armani Prive. Though I usually expect more from Anne (dressed by Rachel Zoe) and I wasn't terribly excited over the red vintage Valentino she wore on the red carpet, I'm so glad to see she wore this gorgeous Armani Prive number! It's so modern and chic and I think that blue really suits Anne Hathaway! This is hands down my favorite dress that she wore for the evening!

I was so happy to see Reese Witherspoon back on the red carpet and looking better and more chic than ever in Armani Prive! I love that she paired her black and white dress with emerald jewelry and she really brought the glamour with that hair! LOVE!

Gwyneth Paltrow's Calvin Klein Collection frock looks like it was made specifically for her. It just looks like her and she was stunning on the red carpet! It brings back memories of classic Calvin Klein sleek looks like Cher's white dress in Clueless and basically every look from the late, beautiful Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy.


Mila Kunis looked ravishing in Elie Saab. I think the draping of this gown is perfect for her figure. She's been a red carpet darling all season and I look forward to hopefully seeing her on red carpets for years to come!

Hailee Steinfeld had a hand in creating her Marchesa gown and I think the collaboration worked brilliantly! She's a 14 year old first-time nominee, so she needed to be dressed up, but not look like a hoochie! This dress is beautiful and age appropriate! She looked beautiful!


Florence Welch hit it last night with Valentino! While this dress wouldn't necessarily be my first choice for everyone, it works for her! She's a quirky musician with fire-red hair, not a serious glamazon actress... this is the perfect dress for her so she worked it beautifully!

Celine Dion looked gorgeous in her Armani Prive column gown. But doesn't it look like she's wearing the Heart of the Ocean around her neck? That ship has sailed and sunk, Celine.... time to move on.

I always love seeing what Kate Blanchett will put on for a red carpet event. She's one of the first celebs I remember wearing Armani Prive and she wore it often for a while. I love her in this Givenchy Couture gown. It totally suits her and she looks stunning and cutting edge, all at the same time.

Hands down, my favorite of the evening! Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott looked like a winner last night! Her fashion choices in the past have occasionally either bored me or caused me to wince, but blue sequins column dress and some statement jewelry? YES PLEASE! She looked like a winner, even if she went home without an Oscar.

So, who was your favorite of the night?

post signature

All photos except 1st photo from www.instyle.com

0 comments:

Post a comment on: My Picks for Best Dressed at The Oscars