Pink Julep Reads: Style by Lauren Conrad

I picked up Lauren Conrad's Style book as soon as it became available last Fall in the UK, but surprisingly I only just got around to reading it this past weekend.

I finished reading Style in a matter of hours. It's a great quick read and the photos are lovely, not to mention helpful! I will amdit, I find Nina Garcia's books to be the very best of style books and I love them dearly, however because her books are artistically illustrated and have no real life photos of what she's suggesting, it often leaves the reader scratching her head. But Conrad's book has many photos, most of them featuring her as the model, wearing the concoctions she's suggesting as must-have outfits.

You'll find if you read it that most of LC's style suggestions are exactly the same as everyone else's, however she does offer a few fresh tidbits that are new and different, so this book is definitely worth the read. I also learned a few hair and make-up tips I hadn't previously heard about and find that because of her age, Conrad's take on style and fashion is a little fresher than those of her older contemporaries.

If you're a lover of style and fashion, get thee to a bookstore to buy this book! You'll enjoy it (if you haven't read it already). I can't wait for her next book!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a comment on: Pink Julep Reads: Style by Lauren Conrad